Monday, March 8, 2010

Food 1


One of the most common subjects for me to practice my strobing is food for my girlfriend's blog. So naturally I will start off my newest blog with some info on how to produce an appealing photo of food. First off, if you can shoot with natural light, do it. Natural light is much more appealing to the eye and just seems cleaner which when photographing food, is necessary. Unfortunately many of my photos are taken at night so you need to change your white balance to the respective setting(i.e. tungsten, fluorescent, etc.). Also, composition is important so place the food in an appealing bowl or on a plate that sits on a preferably textured surface(shirt, pillow case, some sort of cloth or even wood). I always like to set up the shot before the food is ready so it doesn't get cold and the girlfriend doesn't get impatient. Well I'll get down to the intentions of the blog which happen to be lighting not compositional value. Below you will see the setup used for the Bacon Mac photo seen above.

No comments:

Post a Comment